Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 26, 2015

Hola Familia y Amigos!
   This week was really great and we were pretty busy probably the
busiest I have been in a while  and time flew by. We had an awesome
opportunity Elder Pemberton and I on Tuesday to teach a new
investigator in Spanish named L. It's nice to know that I haven't
lost it so that when I go back to Lawrence I will still be able to
understand the people. The lesson went really well and hopefully
tomorrow we are going to pick up his sister P as a new
investigator.  On Wednesday taught some less actives and we were able
to visit a lady named Sister M. Sister M lives in a nursing
home so we try to stop by every week and share a lesson with her. It's
nice to be able to do that for her because she always really enjoys
it. Thursday we taught a couple of new investigators named S and
A. They are super awesome and A after the lesson said that
it just all makes sense. We also had a lesson with them on Sunday
(yesterday) and they love it already. They read the testimonies and
the intro in the Book of Mormon and then we read 1 Nephi 1 with them
and they already think that it is true and makes sense so it is really
awesome to be able to see their excitement. Then on Friday we had an
awesome lesson with K who is a MMA fighter. We taught him last
week and he was having some concerns and questions about the Plan of
Salvation so we left him with he talk "What is the Blue Print of
Christ's Church by Tadd R. Callister" and when we visited with him on
Friday he was preaching to us and is inviting all of his friends to
learn. He is so awesome and it is really cool to see the fire when
someone understands the Gospel and how it can bless their life for
themselves. Saturday was a day full of Service and we chopped wood for
Z for 5 hours but it was tons of fun to be able to do that.

    I know that as we help others to read the Book of Mormon, and I
know that as I have read it myself I have seen a great change and I am
better able to understand my purpose here and through the Book of
Mormon I know that any question that we have can be answered if we are
willing to accept that answer from God and act upon it. I also know
that with the Savior's help we can be made clean and feel His love
greater in our lives and we strive to walk the strait and narrow path
of discipleship. If you feel that you can never become perfect
remember Moroni 10:32:
    " Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny
yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all
ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then
is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect
in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can
in nowise deny the power of God."
With the help of Christ and only through Christ is when we can be made
perfect and be strengthened I know that to be true.
Have a great week.
Love
-Elder Espinoza

Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment