Monday, January 2, 2017

April 4, 2016 The Spirit of God like Fire is Burning

Hola Familia y Amigos!
   This week was really awesome. Elder Bills and I went to Onix's house for dinner which was pretty good and the lesson we had with her was good as well. That was our last night together as companions. On Tuesday I received Elder Strong and we had a killer day! We knocked doors until 6:30 and found some awesome people that are interested in learning so that is super exciting. Then we went to Natile Garcia's home for dinner. She is a member in the Ward and it was probably the most spiritual lesson I have had on my mission the spirit was so strong that I couldn't stop thinking about it the rest of the night and the next morning. Her husband Alberto is a non-member and has been investigating the Church for four years. She shared with us a goal that she wants for her family which is to have Alberto baptized by the end of the year. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and for the promptings of the Holy Ghost because without them that lesson would not have been as powerful as it was. I love the Gospel and the opportunity I have to serve the Lord and the people here in New England.
     Also General Conference was this weekend and I am so grateful that I know we have the true authority of God to act in His name for the salvation of His children and that we are guided by a Prophet today to help us in these times. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he saw God the Father and the Son our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he was called to restore Christ's true church here on the earth and I know this because I have read the Book of Mormon  which is the evidence that all this is true. Read it and ask God if it is true and you will receive an answer from the Holy Ghost that it is true. I know that as we follow Jesus Christ and the truths that have been and were restored to the Prophet Joseph Smith that we can receive greater peace and happiness in life. Have an awesome week. By the way it is snowing a lot here and it started this morning and its April gotta love New England! Also please pray for Bernardo as he is preparing for his Baptism this Saturday! 
Love
-Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment